Friday 21 December 2007

My first post!

Ok - it has taken me a while to get a blog, but after reading about a few girls on babycenter having it, I now have a blog. Hey you girls inspired me to actually write my thoughts and feelings and what I actually do with my life :-)

I am Lauren, I am 18 years old. 19 in 2 days time. That means I was born on 23rd December 1988! I guess I'll start from the beginning!

I was born as the 2nd child of Ray and Michelle Gallego, a little sister to Adan! When I was 4 years old, my younger sister Cassie arrived! Growing up I had a good life, we lived in a few different places. I was born in Laredo, we moved to Austin and San Antonio for my Dad's work before coming back to Laredo to settle. I did things most kids did growing up, I loved playing outside, I was a real tomboy for a while!



When I was about 12 years old, I started going down a different route. I became more of a rock chick and got interested in boys! Aged 13 I lost my virginity, something I deeply regret. But things happen! I got to love going out with my friends and drinking, thinking I was far older than I actually was!

My life changed at the end of 2003 when I started dating my wonderful husband Kevin! He was a friend of my brother's and we met at my birthday / Christmas party.
My brother invited a few friends round because it was Christmas and things went on from there! He become the greatest thing in my life, and still is to this day! When I am weak he makes me strong, and he is my hero in every way!

Life changed dramatically for me at the end of September 05. I found out I was pregnant. I was 16 and VERY scared. I didn't know what to do and was paranoid with what people's perceptions of me would be. I was scared of Kevin leaving me, or my family deserting me. But they didn't, Kevin promised to always stand by me, and although my family were disappointed in me, they stuck by me. Kevin's family were not so helpful and although his sisters supported him in what he was doing, his parents were very disappointed in him, and we lost a lot of contact with them for a while. Due to me now being pregnant, my parents suggested we get married or something. At the time I think we were pressured into it, but my parents only wanted the best for us and thought it would be better if I was married before the baby was born, as they are religious. We married on 27th December 2005, and although now I realise we may not have had to rush into it, our wedding was perfect in every way. Kevin was upset his parents did not attend, but it was their loss to miss such a perfect day.


I had quite a straight forward pregnancy. I was lucky in that although I felt like I was massive, looking at pictures, I didn't show much until the very end. It was hard being pregnant and still being at school, but it was worth it for me. I was determined to finish my final year, despite probably having a newborn baby. At 22 weeks, we found out that the little bean inside me was a GIRL! We were all extremely excited and I couldn't wait for her to arrive!

My EDD of April 26th 06 came and passed with nothing except a few BH! I was so impatient and tired of being pregnant by this stage! We tried everything and finally on 5th May 2006, with my Mom and Kevin by my side, I gave birth to a beautiful 8lb, 21.5ins baby girl, whom we named Lily.

Lily's are my favorite flowers, and it just seemed to fit her so perfectly, as she is a beautiful little flower who lights up our lives :-)

Kevin, who had joined in army in late 05, got news he would be sent away on deployment in November 06. We were distraught, it was to be a 13 month deployment and he would miss so much of our newborn daughter's life. But he did what he had to do, and with tears, we said goodbye on November 2nd 06.

I struggled on, making it through being a single Mom. Life was hard but I knew Kevin was there struggling away in Iraq, and I promised myself I would show all those people wrong who had ever doubted us, I think I did a pretty good job.

Kevin returned on Novmber 27th 2007, one of the best days of my life. I was so glad to see him again and have my heart complete!


Lily is now 19 months old and a beautiful, energetic toddler! She has her cranky moments, but is very much loved and we cannot imagine our lives without her! She is by far the best thing to happen to me, and I thank God every day for giving me such a wonderful husband and daughter!

Love yall, Lauren xox



2 comments:

Angela said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging girl!! What an eventful few years you have had. I am so glad your DH is back safe and sound and can be with you and Lily for the holidays. Thank you both for serving our country!!

Heavenly Sour Belts said...

That is an incredible story. You are a very strong person and I'm so glad your family is together again. Much love to y'all!!